Tuesday 28 July 2009

Hertford, cats and music


This weekend I went and stayed with my sister and brother in law in Hertford. It was just what I needed; a few days away from the bustling busy life in the city, the ever mounting kipple in my room and the closing in exams at the end of August. It was so peaceful, and very good to see my fam. I hate that they're so far down South and that I don't get to see them more often. I suppose it makes me appreciate it much more though. I spent a lot of the time playing with their cat, Toshi. Toshi was adopted when she was a tiny ball of fluff of unknown sex, so they named her Toshi after Toshiro Mifune. Not the most suitable name when it turned out she was a little girl! She's absolutely gorgeous and I always like to snap photos of her.

I'd love to live somewhere beautiful like Hertford. Near a city, but in the country and full of boutiques and quiet enough to remind you to relax. With lots of greenery, naturally. There were many barge boats there, including one that was a hotel wonderfully enough. I could happily live on a canal boat sailing around the country at whim. Perhaps one day I will.


Now I'm back in Liverpool, complete with a ridiculous amount of music from Julie and James and Japanese Conversation. I have managed to hoover up, learn how to work the heating system, do a load of washing and handwashing, and do some studying. I feel I have been rather productive since I got back.

I've been working my way through 'M' it seems today, having listened to Morphine's "The Night", the best of Marc Bolan and T Rex, Manu Chao's "Proxima Estacion" and Maps "We Can Create". All excellent music, I suggest all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment