Well. I learnt several things the last couple of days.
1. Installing things off a usb is generally not a good idea, especially if it requires your computer to restart.
2. The product key for vista is on the bottom of the laptop.
3. Microsoft are stingy bastards for not sending out recovery discs any more.
4. Making your own recovery discs is a time sucker upper.
5. I am no good at computers.
So yes, I pestered Philip to fix it, and he saved all my stuff off my C drive so I can reinstall vista to there eventually... just need a recovery disc to start with. The first two I made have both fallen at the first hurdle.
Being in Phil's office was fun, though. I was playing with the spray air and spinning chairs and some sherbert I found in his desk.
6. An office is a playground when empty.
Fencing was good too. Realised I am desperately out of practice but that's good as it's spurring me even more to go again and again and get better and better. Got some nice ideas of things to do for the rest of the year to go out with a bang.
At least I have dinner to look forward to: Baked sausages in apples and onions, honeyed roasted parsnips, roast new potatoes with garlic and rosemary, roasted tarragon carrots and probably some mint peas to round it off. Yum yum yum.
7. Clearly food I create has to have other flavours and cannot simply taste of 'potato' it must be potato, garlic and rosemary!